Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm back

Well, almost, to the regular schedule thing. I've been putting off doing regular work for awhile. I'm not sick anymore, still coughing because of my pain-in-the-butt asthma but oh well. I can't use illness as a reason not to do work. Lately, it's been easy to come up with reasons not to do work. I know I'm getting burned out but now it's time to go back.

It's not so bad really. The kiwi boss man is gone on a holiday. Won't be back until the second week in August. And LB is on a month's long vacation. On one had, we are all pissed because he can take all the time he wants off. On the other hand, he's not here, which is great. So right now it's not so bad going to work. We don't mind it as much because the two people in the lab (Kiwi and LB) are gone. And no, they aren't on vacation together.

Some updates:
  • Ding is back from maternity leave.
  • I'm finally going to get my name on a paper, other than a review. I did some microscope work for Mo.
  • Had lunch with my class, all the people who came in the same time as me. But that will be another post, lots of issues there.
  • Started golf lessons. A reason to get out on the weekend, instead of sleep or work. And I must say, I did awesome!
  • My tomato garden is really taking off. Blossoms are starting to show.
  • I get to start working on my first author paper. I have to have the layout of my figures worked out for when Kiwi comes back.

Other than that, not too much has been going on. It's been really slow around here.

It's nice to be back blogging! Now I have to catch up on reading my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hooo! Good luck! If you need anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete