I've been gone a really long time. So much has happened. I've been trying to prioritize things in my life, so I put blogging on hold for a while. I have always had a procrastination problem and everything has been so chaotic for so long, that I needed to hold off on blogging while I dealt with more important things. Not to say blogging isn't important, it's a healthy way to vent and talk to others who are going through or have gone through the same experiences as I have. However, I had to defend, edit and finalize my dissertation, look for a job, write my manuscript, among other personal goals. Now I feel that I can gradually get back into writing. Honestly, I miss it. And I miss reading everyone's blogs. It's going to take me a while to catch up. Hopefully I haven't completely lost my blogging friends because it has been so long. Part of the problem has also been reliable computer access, as I can only write at home for now. But next week my new desktop should arrive. My current one lasted 8 years but it can't handle all the new software coming out. And little-by-little it seems to be dying. The same with my 5-year old laptop.
Enough rambling, eventually everyone will catch up with what I'm doing and I'll catch up with them (you). I even contemplated starting a new blog at this new time in my life but didn't want to let this one go. No matter what I end up doing, I'll always be "female scientist."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

welcome back!
ReplyDeleteHello! (waves) I've missed you, and I'm glad you're back.
ReplyDeleteHow did your defense and job search go?
I had a baby! Gwen will grow up to be a nerd (if not a scientist) just like her father and I. Pics are here.
Good to have you back!
ReplyDeleteHello!! Glad that you're back... and that you didn't disappear because your defence was so awful that you just ran away and joined the army...
ReplyDelete