Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am free

After I graduated last August I found myself in a situation that I've never been in before. When I graduated high school I went on to college, when I earned my BS I went on to graduate school. Throughout all that time I was employed, ready to move on to the next job when one was over. All of my life I have known what I was going to do next before I finished what I was doing. When people ask how I felt after I successfully defended, finished the revisions, and completed all the paperwork, the first word that comes to me is "free." I feel free, in more ways than one. So much runs through my mind when I say that word. It is more than a word.

I am free from the enslavement, degrading treatment, and humiliation of the past several years working for the Kiwi.

I am free to choose whatever path I want to take.

I am free to leave a job if I don't like it, I am no longer stuck.

I am free to move on with my life and find happiness again.

I am free to move forward in my relationship with Fiance.

I am free to enjoy my new close relationship with my sister.

I am free to enjoy life, my life.

I am free.

3 comments:

  1. this post made me want to cry :(

    I am happy for you obviously, but I want to be free too, and I feel like my freedom is so far away that i will never get there

    Thus the urge to tear up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL get there. I felt the same way, but it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I'm glad you could move past your grad school difficulties and enjoy your life in the present moment!

    ReplyDelete