Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To blog or not to blog

I haven't written in a long time. Mostly because my life has been changing its focus since graduation. I have a new job. One that I love. My dilemma is whether I should continue this blog or start a new one with a new focus. Or change the name of this one. Or not do one at all. I have a personal blog which I post to for my family to keep them updated on my life. However, there are things I still want to talk about that I would rather do anonymously, which is why I think I still want to do this. I'm just not too sure how I would focus my new blog. Or maybe it won't have a focus. Just RBOC and it will evolve on its own. You see, I'm still a scientist at heart. But I switch gears for now, moving into the social sciences, not so much biological but some. And I'm in a more administrative role now while I'm learning the new field. I'll probably never do bench work again. Which I don't miss at all and never will - at least not enough to do it again.

One thing is constant - I'm still in academia.

I know this post is rambling but that's the flow of my thoughts right now. I might just keep this going until I decide what to do. I almost feel like this new stage in my life calls for a new start.

2 comments:

  1. i'm still here, whenever you choose to write. i haven't posted in a long time either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that whatever you are doing, and whether or not you decide to blog, you are doing well. Your new job sounds divine, what with the lack of benchwork and all.

    ReplyDelete