Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let's get started

Well, after much hesitation and indecisiveness I have finally started a blog. The need to have an outlet to get my frustration out has grown to the point that I can't ignore it any longer. And I want to do it anonymously. I am a graduate student in the biological sciences nearing the end of my life-time career as a student. Last year my boss decided to up and move the entire lab to a new building - away from the rest of our department and away from my venting buddy. I need to be able to talk about "sciencey stuff" without having to explain everything and I don't like to bring frustrations home. However, that being said, I have no intentions of just complaining the whole time.

As for the title, I feel like I spend every waking hour (and non-waking) living in the world of science. Reading, doing experiments, defending what I'm doing to people who don't really care, etc., so I have a tendency to look at things critically. Yet so much goes on that doesn't require critical thinking, just some common sense, that's where the 'non' comes in. Also, too much ridiculousness happens not to share!

So bear with me because this blog will progress over time. I need to learn html and expand my Internet horizons. I've never done websites or web pages . . . but I am good at descriptive writing . . . at least most of the time.

Almost forgot, guess I could explain the name. I do a lot of confocal imaging and live-cell microscopy work. A friend of mine once referred to me as an image goddess. For lack of anything better I decided to use it. It also has a double meaning for me because I am a photography buff. I do a lot of digital photography so I'm always manipulating images.

No comments:

Post a Comment