Thursday, April 19, 2007

Peanut butter and jelly

Most of my friends here consider me slightly sheltered. I grew up in the countryside and never experienced a lot things until I moved to the city. For example, I had
  • never ridden public transportation
  • never had pizza delivery
  • never had Indian food, Thai food, or sushi
  • couldn't get cable at home
  • never been to a strip club or adult store (those are stories unto themselves)

This is the first time I have lived somewhere where the closest gas station open late at night isn't 20 minutes away. Or fast food can be bought and still be hot when I get it home.

Today is the first day I have ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Not so much because I lived in the country but because I never cared for peanut butter. That was until I found the most wonderful freshly ground honey roasted peanut butter at Whole Foods. We don't have grocery stores like that back home. All that natural, organic food with no preservatives. I can eat that peanut butter plain. And the peanut butter and jelly sandwich was great! I can never go back to jarred peanut butter again.

The one thing nice about working late is that I can eat at my desk, which is next to my bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment