What a day. First I slept in, I've had a hard time getting out of bed lately. I get to work and my boss asks me what do I know about the freezer. I ask him what he's talking about. I hadn't checked my email because I went directly to the hood room to process blood. Apparently, the top door of the -80 freezer was left open and stuff thawed out. Samples were lost, reagents, etc. He asked when I was in there last and I explained to him that I hadn't been in the freezer since last Friday (the date on my isopropanol container) and haven't even been in the room since Wednesday.
He proceed to say how apparently no one he's talked to was in there and nobody did it. He pretty much accused us of lying to him. Well, for one thing, the person who did it wouldn't have realized it or they would have closed the door! Second, he stood there an lied to me. FD told me that he already told the kiwi that he was in it in the morning. It feels more and more like high school, heck, elementary school in the place. If he's willing to lie about stupid little things then what about big things.
The autoclaving is piling up, that is supposed to be my job since the lab manager was let go but with the time course of my experiments it's hard to find time. LB needs to do it - he apparently has plenty of time since he hasn't been here since Wednesday. And if he plans on doing a necropsy every couple of weeks he needs to help.
It was one thing after another today. The one good thing was that my meeting with kiwi went well in the afternoon, amazingly. He was happy I had my new cell line (thanks to Geeka!). He even liked my ideas for experiments. To be honest though, he doesn't really know what to suggest because he doesn't really know very well what I'm doing.
Other than that, besides the freezer, my container of bleach managed to spill completely coating the inside of the hood, ran out of p1000 tips, ran out of GMSCF and had to stop to make it - it kind of topped off my week.
Thank goodness I'm actually going home this weekend. I don't remember when I was home last. There is a surprise birthday party for my sister and the weather is supposed to be great. I get to take the car and I'm going to relax and try not to think about work.
Probably the only bad thing out there is that the only Internet connection available is dial-up!
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dude, running out of stuff is totally what happens when Kiwi's fire awesome lab managers!!!
ReplyDelete