Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Typing with one hand.

So this is the end of a completely unproductive work day. I got up early this morning, as mentioned in the previous post so I could get work done and go home early. Now I get to go home early with no work done.

Earlier today I went to sign up for the flow cytometer. A technician was performing a tune-up with the machine wide-open. I able to see the sign-up sheet but not reach it. I couldn't get on until 6pm. I was going to leave a note on the computer to sign me up when the tech was done but didn't have time because the fire alarm went off and evacuation of the building was ordered.

I went back later to write my name in so the last person wouldn't turn the machine off. The rep was still working on the cytometer. I had baaad feelings. So I went to track down the people who are in charge of the machine to see what was going on. When I went in their office the large, heavy, I repeat heavy, metal door smashed closed on my finger. The end of my pointer finger is now red and purple and almost twice the size it should be. I'm keeping it in ice to try a stop the swelling. It doesn't bend properly. I can't use it very well.

So not only is my finger smashed, my experiment is ruined. All my cells and time have gone to waste. I'm more pissed about the time. I have to run the cells the same day as I run the experiment or they aren't any good. So I've just completely wasted a day.

Maybe I should just forget about my good intentions of getting up early to get work done and get home early. It just backfired.

I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment