Monday, June 25, 2007

Random updates

As I'm sitting here waiting for my timer to go off, I realize that during the time I was MIA on my blog a few things of note have happened.
  • Ding, our lab tech (our ONLY lab tech) had her baby early. Only a couple weeks early so the baby was fine. Our boss was going to visit her but never got around to it. She lives near me so I'm going to deliver her a care package. I wanted to give her some time to settle in with the baby first before I came barging in.

  • My boss got a puppy. Just what he needs. Now he leaves early to take the puppy out. He really should be a stay-at-home parent. He doesn't balance family very well with work. Not well at all. His wife wears the pants in the family so he has to work around her schedule. Right now she's gone to a conference or something back in his home country - and left him behind. Hee-hee!

  • He hired a post-doc. Our mission to thwart him has failed. Mainly because we never met this one, neither has he. Kiwi doesn't have enough money to bring the post-doc for a visit (he's in another country) so he hired him sight-unseen. Great, just great. He's not coming until the fall so I hope I'm gone by the time he gets here.

I know there's more but beep-beep-beep, I have to go.

2 comments:

  1. "wears the pants"??? Please purge that phrase from your vocabulary. What is this, the 1950s? Women can have careers and wear whatever we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we say that we don't mean it that way around here. Trust me, we know we can have what careers and wear what we want. And that's just what we are doing.

    It was more in reference to the roles they play in they're family. Not to what women can do. We just use it around here as a "nice" way to say our boss isn't in a equal relationship, which is the way it should be.

    Hope that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete