- I stabbed my finger with a broken coverslip. FD extracted it but it hurts to do anything. I can't wear a band aid because I can't get the glove over it. It is still bleeding because I'm using it. And throbbing.
- It is now pouring outside. A downpour. Mo jinxed me, she said it was no longer supposed to rain today. Now I have to walk down the street to pick up my blood to process. I told her I should make her do it.
- I put the wrong antibody on my slides. Last night I blocked my slides with a Fab fragment before adding the second primary antibody which is the same species as the first primary antibody. I put on the first secondary again. So I just washed it and added the second primary without blocking again. It better work.
- I don't have time to analyze my data before my lab meeting tomorrow. Because I messed up the slide procedure it took twice as long as it should have.
- It's freezing in here. We now have to wear lab coats all the time but I'm wearing a sweater instead, the coat is too thin.
- I'm starving. I don't know if it's because of the long hours I've been working but I've been ravenous these past couple days.
- The air conditioner is confirmed broken at home. And since we have to close the windows because of the rain it is going to be very uncomfortable. Once I finally make it home.
- I have a sore spot on my head from where it collided with the incubator door yesterday, rather hard I might add.
- I'm tired.
Update:
- This is the punishment I get for multi-tasking. I had three flow assays for today. One completely stained on Tuesday. One fixed yesterday and stained today. One fixed and stained today. While I was transferring the cells from the 96-well plates to the FACS tubes I put one of my positives controls in the tube of another experiment's controls. I don't know if I'll be able to salvage them. At least I didn't screw up the really big experiment from today. Yet.
- At this rate maybe I'll be home by 1am only to be back here at 7:30am to finish processing blood before the necropsy samples arrive. Maybe I can talk my boss into moving our 3pm meeting to Monday so I can go home and sleep.
- I'm still tired.

Ha. You remind me so much of me and my friends in grad school.
ReplyDeleteThe bad news? It's pretty much the same when you're a postdoc. You're tired and cranky because you're overworked all the time.
The good news? Some of us grow out of some of the complaining. Sort of. Or you get much better things to complain about.