I recently remembered that I had an espresso machine. It's been sitting on my kitchen counter collecting dust. I haven't used it because I couldn't find the instruction manual and I didn't want to blow it up.
Last week I went online and after some searching found a manual for an espresso machine similar to mine. That's all I've been drinking since then. I haven't made regular coffee in awhile. I'm assuming that the number 4 on the glass container means 4 shots? If so, I've been having 4 shots of espresso every morning. It's been a good jump start since I've been so tired lately. But nooot necessarily good for me. Has anyone ever heard of people developing tolerance to caffeine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love espresso! We've been making solely espresso at home every morning for about 4 years. Once you go espress, you'll never go back. ;)
ReplyDeleteCaffeine tolerance is common and benign. Wikipedia even has a whole section on tolerance in the caffeine entry. Personally I find that when my tolerance is high, I need coffee to function but I don't notice the "buzz" I do when intolerant. If I don't have coffee, I get headaches like those of dehydration.
I gave up coffee about a month ago while I had a cold, so I didn't notice the headaches. Now I have maybe one espresso a week which I really notice!!
Tolerance for caffeine: Yep, me. I didn't drink coffee for a long time, and when I started it had a huge effect. Now, not so much.
ReplyDeleteYou know, the chick at the coffee shop warned me of that (so did FD) when I ordered a large chai charger with four shots of espresso in the evening.
ReplyDeletewow, i feel better now about my own coffee habit!
ReplyDelete