Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Funding issues

Soooo, those of you have been reading know that the Kiwi stopped funding me at the end of April. In September, the Center was supposed to take over my funding, as well as Mo's funding. According to Mo, who just talked to the financial person in our department, that's not the case. The head of the Center, and the head of our department, both told Kiwi that he brought students in so we are his responsibility.

I'm a little scared about what this means. Not that he can get rid of me - he can't. But now he will probably revert to extra a-hole man. So, now he has to pay for FD (whose fellowship is ending), Mo, me, and a new post-doc.

Makes me nervous. I'm waiting for something to happen. Now I know I don't want to talk to him Friday at our meeting.

2 comments:

  1. I've written and erased my comment three times now--I want to say something to make you feel better, but everything I write sounds trite. I hope your Friday meeting goes better than you fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No matter what, I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter how much I worry, it won't change anything.

    ReplyDelete