Yesterday I had a lot of computer work to do. The weather was crappy so I figured I'd stay home and work until the rain let up a bit. I didn't want to stand at the bus stop in the pouring rain. So I waited, it slowed, I went to work fairly dry.
Then I went home. FD and I caught the bus at the same time (we live near each other) and the sky was clear - it was cloudy but wasn't raining.
The closer we got to home the weather rapidly changed. The sky got darker, the wind picked up, rain started to fall, then rain started to POUR. I mean a torrential downpour. It wasn't lightening though, until I commented that at least it wasn't lightening. FD wanted to hit me, he's a strong believer in Murphy's Laws.
I had an umbrella but it didn't do much good, it kept my bag fairly dry. And thank goodness Fiance bought me a raincoat a couple weeks ago. There really was no point in running because I had to go several blocks, so I would be just as wet walking. Running actually splashed the water more. I had three streets to cross and the water was just rushing down them. On both sides of the road water ran about 3 feet wide and several inches deep, more than enough to go over my shoes. There was no avoiding it. And water pooled on the sidewalks.
So, point of the post - even though I stayed dry in the morning I made up for it in the afternoon. My only pair of sneakers are still wet today, it was like I dunked them in a bucket of water. Here is what I looked like when I got home. The water soaked the whole way up to my shirt. Admittedly, I'm only 5'3'', but that's still pretty high.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What's the daffy duck corallary?
ReplyDelete