Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's hot

Okay, it's not often I complain about the heat. I love hot weather. I'm happy in the 80's, even the 90's. As long as the humidity level is relatively low. I've always been 'cold blooded' as some people who know me love to say. I'm almost always cold. It can be 70 and I'm cold. So when I complain that it's hot and uncomfortable. It is really hot and uncomfortable. The weatherman dude said it actually felt worse here than Las Vegas. Too bad I'm not in Las Vegas, then I wouldn't mind so much.

At work it's freezing. It's a relative new building but they seem to have a problem controlling the air. Everyone walks around in sweaters, coats, and hats. The longer you're there, the colder you get. It gets so bad that it is detrimental to working.

I have central air at home, which we use when it's uncomfortable and humid. Which it has been lately. But it's a temperature I can control so it's not too cold.

But now the AC is broke. So I went from way too cold, to way too hot. The humidity is ridiculous. The cats were melting when we got home with the windows shut. My cat sheds bad enough as it is, now if it's possible, he's shedding more.

One bright light in this weather conundrum - we have a window AC we put in the bedroom window that we bought before central air was installed. The bedroom is now our haven. The only problem with that - the little cat Sophie, likes to ambush my cat Dante from behind the curtain. There will be hissing and screaming all through the night. It's started already.

1 comment:

  1. It was installed last year. We didn't have any problems until we started running it this summer. When the AC dude came and looked at it he said the Freon looked like it had leaked out. He was going to come back and check it again in two weeks but never came back. Now it's not working again.

    ReplyDelete